Want to get the most out of your outdoor spaces? There are a variety of projects you can take on for your home’s exterior that will boost its value and give you some practical benefits, while getting a strong return on investment in the process.
Here are a few examples of some of the exterior home remodel ideas that will give you the best value in Brighton, CO:
- Replacing your garage door: Garage doors are extremely visible, especially when attached to your home. If you have an older garage door that’s beat up or no longer functioning as it once did, you can replace it with a more stylish and attractive option that will dramatically improve the look of your home and also give you more reliable functionality. You can expect to recoup more than three quarters of the money you pay for an average new garage door.
- Entry door replacement: Replacing an old and worn-out front door can dramatically improve the curb appeal of your home. Not only will it improve the aesthetic appearance of your home, but it will also potentially improve your home’s energy efficiency if you choose a material that cuts down on heat transference. In some cases, you may not even need to fully replace the front door to improve the value of your home—simply refinishing a solid wood door can make a huge difference in its curb appeal. You can expect to recoup almost all of the cost of this project.
- Replacing your siding: Replacing your home’s siding can result in your home looking completely new. You can find siding in a wide variety of materials, colors and designs. At some point, decades-old siding will become an eyesore and detract from the value of your home. If your siding is faded, damaged or simply outdated, replacing your siding will dramatically improve your curb appeal and can result in an average recouped cost of more than 75 percent.
- Replacing your roof: Roof replacement is one of the best investments to make in your home because it’s a project that will last for decades, and it’s also one that has a solid return on investment. People want to buy houses that have reliable roofs—they don’t want to have to replace the roof immediately after purchasing. You can expect to recoup about 70 percent of what you spend on a roof. While it’s not the “sexiest” remodeling project you can take on, it’s absolutely one you’ll want to do as soon as it becomes necessary to give your home the protection it needs.
- Deck work: Adding a deck gives you more usable outdoor space to share with friends and family. If you already have a deck, refinishing the deck makes it much more aesthetically appealing right before you’re about to sell it, and also gives you the opportunity to replace any rotting out boards.
For more information from an experienced remodeling contractor about some of the most cost-effective exterior home remodeling ideas you can take on in Brighton, CO, contact Jim Cope Construction LLC today.